Wide-grip Barbell Partial Deadlift:
Since we are looking to build our back and don’t want to be limited by grip strength, think about using a pair of wrist straps, which will allow you to load the bar up heavier. This goes for any exercise where your goal is to target your back.
- Stand with your feet slightly wider than shoulder-width distance.
- Grab onto a barbell using an overhand grip, keeping your arms at a 45-degree angle from the side of your body, with no bend in the elbows.
- Stand tall, squeezing the bar into your thighs and pulling your shoulder blades together—you should feel tension throughout the entire backside of your upper body.
- This is your starting position.
- Hinge at the hips, without letting the bar move away from your body, and lower the bar to just above the knee, counting to five each time.
- Slowly return to the starting position.
- Do six reps. Go Next Page to see more